10 May 2006

via lucia - country western love ballad

have i always been this alone?
have i always been this weak?
will i ever grow a backbone?
or decide i'm much too meek?

i can't hold on any longer
and i'd rather let you go,
but how can i be stronger
when i feel i need you so?

well, i don't want to lose you
i don't even want to win.
this is just some sorry love song
that my heart's too sad to sing.

i don't think that you're special
and i don't think that you're right.
i just know i like to hold you
and sleep with you at night.

each night, after you've passed out,
i cry myself to sleep
and each morning, in my waking,
my wound has grown more deep.

i wish you understood me, but, honey
i know you never will.
i know i'm lost without you,
and yet, i've lost my own free will.

so, darling, when you say goodnight
and turn off all the lights,
don't try to make me happy;
just try to hold me tight

and i'll pretend i love you.
i'll forget you're not the one
and in my sorry dreaming,
i'll forget i'm not alone.

so tell me that you love me.
don't worry 'bout bein' true.
in my weakness, i'll forget that
i'm not in love with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home